Egress Windows & Cellar Doors
The International Residential Code, as well as most local building codes require that every basement used as a living space have at least one operable window with a clear opening of 5.7 square feet to provide for egress in the event of an emergency. If there is a bedroom, one is required there as well. Bilco style doors can meet code in certain instances as well. Call us to discuss your options.
Basement Solutions of the Hudson valley will design and install a code-compliant window that will ensure your family’s safety and increase the value of your home.
All our work is fully guaranteed and we are also licensed home improvement contractors in Rockland and Westchester counties. We perform all aspects of the job ourselves. Design, layout, excavation, concrete cutting, and window or door installation it is all handled in house.
Basement Solutions Recommends Bilco
Bilco Window Well Systems
- Safe code compliant emergency egress
- Added light, ventilation and living space
- Corrosion resistant window well materials
- Maintenance free window well and trim
Bilco Egress Door Systems
- Perm-entry systems available for quick installation
- Fiberglass exterior doors by Masonite
- Maintenance free trim
- Basement Door Measuring Guide